Thursday 14 July 2011

Is the ship sinking?

So, it's the summer holidays. Been off work almost 2 weeks and I thought I should check my e-mails. After all, the support staff with year-round contracts (rather than term time only, like me) are still working, so there might be stuff going on that I should know about.

It turns out that today the Head of Grounds resigned and the Head Steward accepted redundancy. The support staff team already lost the Head Cleaner, Biology Technician, a matron and the DT Technician this year. That's a lot of key people gone!

So what I'm wondering with these latest changes, is what exactly is going on? Stuck in the science block I don't tend to hear all the news and I don't have a manager from within the support staff team so don't get any feed back on meetings etc. I know the new-ish Bursar has pissed off a lot of people and don't even get me started on the HR people!

Is it time to start looking for a new job before I find myself forced to?

One thing's for sure, the school is turning into a very different place from the one I joined nearly 4 years ago and that saddens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment