Monday 19 September 2011

A visit from Rome

Brother Guy has come to visit the school for a few days and is giving a lecture tonight on astronomy which should be really good.

I should mention at this point that I am not religious. I've no problem with people who want to believe in God, but personally I don't.
That being said, I'm finding it hard to understand the fuss everyone is making. The school chaplain is practically soiling his cassock with excitement that we've got a visitor from the Vatican and teachers are planning 'special' lessons for Br Guy to watch.

Why??

Ok, so he's a Jesuit who works for the Vatican, but ultimately he's a scientist and a really nice bloke. When we met him in Rome back in april he was great fun to spend time with and remarkably unpreachy. The way everyone is carrying on, you'd think that God himself had climbed down off his magic cloud to pay us a visit, or at the very least that the Pope had decided to pop in..

Never mind, they'll get over it. In the meantime I am really looking forward to tonight's lecture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment