Tuesday 7 February 2012

Inspection - Day 2

We're fully in to the inspection now, and the teachers are getting noticably more stressed!

The H&S inspector yesterday seemed quite happy, which was a good start. He was particularly interested in seeing the radioactivity store and then chatted to me a bit about my science background. He was quite a sweetie really - fairly old with a huge shock of hair growing out of each nostril! I managed not to stare too much (I hope!)

Two of my teachers have been observed this morning. It mostly went ok, except that water started dripping from the ceiling in Lab 3 onto the kids while the inspector was in the room! That often happens when chemistry have their sinks in use upstairs unfortunately. I've put an urgent note in to maintenance, so with any luck it'll be sorted before any more inspectors show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment