Thursday 17 May 2012

PDR done

I had my suspicions that doing my PDR might bring me to the verge of tears, but I thought that would be due to frustration or anger. I never dreamed it would be as a result of people being nice to me!

I filled in the self review parts of the form, being as honest as I could about what I see as my strengths and weaknesses and then turned it over to my HoD and the Head of Science for their comments. When i got it back for signing I could not believe how much praise they lavished on me.
HoD described me as 'one of the best' and 'incredibly supportive' and Head of Science said I am 'exemplary in all areas of work' and 'proactive in improving the department'.

I knew that my HoD values what I do, but it is so nice to hear it from elsewhere and it is a massive boost to my confidence to find that people think I'm doing a good job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment