Wednesday 18 May 2011

Clearing up and out

My HoD is out for the next 3 days, and since the GCSE, A-Level and IB exams have all started the department is pretty quiet.

Ideal time to start getting organised ready to relinquish half my prep room from september.
There's a lot of building work starting around the school very shortly, and one consequence is that a lot of teachers are losing their studies. It appears that a studyless teacher is not a happy beast! The head of science is one of those affected and in order to find space for him to have a study in the science block I am being turfed out of the outer section of my prep room (currently my office space). My HoD and another physics teacher are going to have that space for their study and the head of science is (I think) taking over my HoD's room.
This is the perfect excuse to throw out a lot of old junk that's been cluttering up the place. I probably should've done it when I got here 3 years ago, but I didn't have the confidence. No qualms now though!

The major downside to this game of 'musical rooms' is that I'm going to have to walk through the HoD's study every time I go in or out of my room, plus I'll have 2 physics teachers practically in the room with me probably being annoying.
On the plus side though, every time a kid knocks on the door it won't be me who gets disturbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment