Monday 9 May 2011

Positivity

I grumble a lot (and will continue to do so!) but I thought I would start the week on a more positive note by thinking about the stuff I love about my job.

1) The money. Sorry to sound mercenary, but isn't that why we all go to work in the first place? I'd like more money, obviously, but I'm not badly paid at all especially when you take into account...

2) The food. We get all our meals provided while we're at work as well as tea/coffee, and the food is goood as my waist line clearly demonstrates! So far I've managed to avoid the temptation of breakfast. I think a fry up or croissants every day might tip me over the line into the realms of morbid obesity.

3) The location. I have quite a drive to get to work, but it's so worth it. There are stunning views of the countryside and we're only a 5 minute walk from the local reservoir which is a lovely place to take a sandwich and a book during summer lunch breaks.

4) The holidays. Independent school = long holidays. Unpaid sadly, but we can't have everything!

And probably most importantly...
5) The people. My department are lovely even though I complain about them, and the rest of the staff are just as friendly and supportive. In previous schools I've felt a divide between academic and support staff but I don't get that here at all.

Phew, what a lot of nice stuff to think about.
Normal grumbling will resume shortly I'm sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment