Monday 16 May 2011

Staffing and other issues

Looks like all change for next academic year.

I mentioned before that we're losing a physicist, well the decision has definitely been made not to replace him. Apparently science is overstaffed. Not quite sure how it's our fault that management keep hiring biologists and chemists, but there we go. As a result we're having 2 chemists and a biologist teaching physics next year. Should be interesting...

Our biology technician is retiring at the end of term too. They haven't started looking for a replacement yet. I just hope they find someone experienced because there's no way that either me or the chemistry technician will have time to train them, and actually chemistry technician has never done bio in his life so it'd end up being me! Advert is meant to be going in the paper this week so I will definitely be posting it on all the technicain sites I can think of.

In other news, it looks like I'm going to lose half my prep room. Not definite yet so more news on that when I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment