Thursday 19 May 2011

Just weird

As I mentioned before, my HoD is away at the moment and everyone jokes that I am running the department in his absence. Ho ho, very funny ( and mostly true!).

No one told me that I was responsible for his tutees though! I've just had an e-mail from a parent asking me to chase up some details regarding her son being allowed to use a laptop in his A-Level exams. This is so far beyond anything in my job description that I don't have an adequate metaphor for it.
I know the teaching staff seem to think that I do the HoD's job for him most of the time, but I didn't realise that had filtered down to parents too.

I forwarded the e-mail to the exams officer an hopefully that will be the end of it. They really don't pay me enough to deal with parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment